Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our Florida Vacation



The Drive
The kids did awesome in the car.   I made sure to pack lots of DVDs and new books and stickers to keep them entertained.  I brought a bag full of ribbons and thread and actually got to sew quite a few flowers.  On the way down we stopped in Nashville for a few nights to visit family, so breaking up the trip really helped.  On the way back, we drove all the way through, but left super early in the morning so the kids slept the first few hours.

The Beach and Pool
Both kids LOVED the beach.  Little B had a blast letting himself get knocked over by the waves, and as I suspected, Baby A loved the taste of the sand! The place we stayed was a couple blocks from the beach, so I was a little nervous about how naptime was going to go, but Baby A slept great in this little baby tent we brought with us.  The sun and ocean wore her out and there was a great breeze to keep her cool.  The greatest thing about the place we stayed was the pool.  They had a gradual decline pool, so right where the water starts is perfect for babies and toddlers to play (and for mommies and daddies to sit and relax next to them).




Mommy and Daddy
Mommy and Daddy had a good time as well.  Daddy got to play some golf, and Mommy got to do some shopping at the outlet mall.  And I even read a whole book! (from 4 book clubs ago) Although I wouldn't call it a RELAXING trip, it was a lot of FUN, and I'm so thankful we had the opportunity to go.  I just love seeing the excitement in the kids' eyes at the beach.  It takes me back to my childhood when everything was just so magical.









No comments:

Post a Comment