Saturday, August 20, 2011

Upcoming Challenges

Some of my upcoming project challenges for the store.  Probably will work on them in this order...

1. Necktie onesies
Amylou needs some fun BOY accessories. I've been wanting to come up with something for little guys for a while now, but had a hard time figuring out what.  There is nothing cuter than baby boys with little man clothes.  I have some adorable pictures of my little guy wearing Daddy's huge shoes and ties (which, by the way, make adorable and inexpensive props for professional photos).  So I thought, TIES, perfect.  I always had a hard time finding a little tie for little B when he was a baby, and pickings were slim once I found one his size.  I also didn't like how they wrapped around his neck because of the choking hazard. So I thought why not just put the tie on a onesie?  A fun guy accessory.  Adorable.  No neck wrapping. Perfect.  I have tested one on my little B's white t-shirts, and here's how it turned out.  The satin stitch around the tie applique took some practice, but I love the way it turned out.  Now onto the onesies...



2. Pom Pom tutu
How adorable is this?! I came across this adorable tutu while researching different tutu techniques, and I really want to make an attempt at making it (and making it look as cute as the one in the picture).  I was looking at some pom pom tutus out there, and to me, they look more like tutus with weird growths on them since the pom poms are too big and randomly glued all over the skirt.  Anyway, I thought this one was cute, fun, and classy, and I hope to come up with my own version of it.

3. Sewn tutus
I absolutely LOVE all my tutus I've made, but there are a lot of tied, no-sew tutus out on the market.  Although I believe mine are some of the best out there, (with my color combos and being extra poofy because I use double tulle layers) I'd like to come up with some sort of sewn tutu.  Sewing them will make them extra durable, and will set them further apart from the rest.  The challenge is to keep the extra "poofiness" you get with the tied tutus.  

There will be updates on my progress on these projects in the next weeks.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment