Saturday, July 20, 2013

Baby C's Circus Birthday Bash

I debated over and over again whether or not I should have a birthday bash for my Baby C.  Things are just so BUSY lately with taking care of the 3 kids, (especially with no school in the summer), and work.  The thought of planning a party, and prepping my house, food, etc was a bit overwhelming.  But, what I kept coming back to is that I did it for the other 2, so I have to do one for him too!  And I'm glad I did.  He actually turned one today, but we decided to have the party last weekend.  Everything turned out amazingly cute.  And most importantly, he loved it and all the guests seemed to have a good time!

We did a circus theme.  This is the only picture I got of him in his shirt...he was on the go pretty much the entire party!  Can you tell I'm kind of on a chevron kick lately???




All the desserts, done by my friend Catherine, were amazingly beautiful (and delicious).








 I ordered these empty peanut bags and popcorn bags from an Etsy shop.  They were a HUGE hit...the kids loved grabbing their own bag and cracking open the peanuts.  This did require lots of peanut shell vacuuming after the party though :)




I also thought it'd be so cute to have little mini cotton candy sticks for the kids.  I found a couple of Etsy shops that sell cotton candy in individual bags, but the prices were astronomical.  Cute idea...but I couldn't justify spending all of that money on them.  So I was going to rule it out, but then I saw these little 1 quart tubs of cotton candy at Walmart for suuuper cheap.  I had some of these paper straws (also from an Etsy shop), and decided to stick a little puff of the cotton candy on top of them.  Aren't they cute?  They were cute while they lasted.  I did them about 2 hours before the party started, and by the time people arrived, they were melted down to almost nothing :(  But at least I have the picture! And less sugar and food dyes for the kids :)


 Animal crackers for a take-home treat:


I found these cute little "no-spill" milk cartons on Etsy too.  This seller was amazing.  She punched holes in the tops of the cartons to fit the straws, and also did these adhesive personalized labels.  She gave me a couple different options for the graphics, and her communication was great.  The product was also great! Here is the link to her shop:
3SweetMemories




 Baby C's picture progression from newborn to 12 months...such a handsome boy!


 The birthday boy, eating a potsticker, and munching on a rib.  This boy will eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING



What I thought was the coolest part of the party is we hired a balloon twister to come entertain for about an hour.  He was INCREDIBLE.  I'm not talking about swords and dog and flower balloons...this guy is a true balloon ARTIST.  He made Spider Man, an octopus, Tinker Bell, Ariel, Sponge Bob, sharks, bicycles, Nemo blowing bubbles, and many more!




 Even the adults were entertained!



 Cake time!







After a fun, entertaining party, the kids all put their jammies on and laid down to watch a movie.  How long do you think these perfect angels all laid here like this?


No comments:

Post a Comment