Saturday, July 28, 2012

Introducing Baby C!

My beautiful baby BOY (Baby C) was born on Friday of last week, July 20th.  It was a couple days past my due date, and he was scheduled for an induction that day.  My water ended up breaking at 2:00 that morning, so we went into the hospital a little early.  I was so happy that I went into labor naturally because I have a fear of being induced!  I scheduled the induction because I was afraid the baby would get too big for a vaginal delivery.  My mom actually had to have a C-section with her 3rd baby after 2 vaginal deliveries because my brother was so big.  Baby C was born at 10:00 that morning weighing in at a whopping 8lbs, 13oz...a full pound heavier than my last 2 babies!  


Kind of an interesting side note...the hospital was crazy when we got there.  We had to kick someone who wasn't as far along as me out of their delivery room, and after Baby C was born, it took 9 HOURS until we were able to get our postpartum room.  Apparently there was a big baby boom the days surrounding the day I delivered.  The nurses calculated that exactly 40 weeks before, the Cardinals won the World Series, which is what they attribute the "boom" too.  All those happy celebratory Cards fans :)


We're so happy to have him home.  Tired from lack of sleep....but happy :)  Little B and Baby A (I should probably stop calling her "Baby" now...I'll call them Big B and Little A) are dealing well with the transition.  Both of them love their new baby.  The biggest challenge is to keep Little A off of him while he eats and sleeps!

Here are some newborn pics Bella Baby Photography took while we were at the hospital.  I had cute accessories ready for this photo shoot, which we forgot to bring to the hospital in our crazy rush to get there. But the simple blue and white blankets turned out beautiful.  Now if it had been a girl and I forgot the headbands and tutu...someone would have had to make a trip home to get them!







Here are some candid shots of the kids when they came to meet their new baby brother for the first time:






No comments:

Post a Comment