Sunday, April 22, 2012

Photo Shoots - Behind the Scenes

Good pictures are so important when you're selling stuff online.  When I am searching for a product and scrolling through many similar items (on Etsy, for instance) I tend to scroll through, and just by instinct, pick the products with the best looking pictures.  Because the best looking pictures are most appealing to the eye - which is the only one of the 5 senses you can use when online shopping.  So, for my business, I spend a fair amount of time trying to capture good images that are appealing to the eye and really show the quality and character of the products.  

That being said, sometimes it's hard to do with little kids in the house :)  Just wanted to share some "behind the scenes" images of some recent photo shoots.  

In this shoot, I am taking pics of all our new taggie lovies (which is basically a little mini-blanket with ribbon "taggies" sewn around it that babies like to cuddle and play with).  Baby A really wanted to be in the pictures.  She kept grabbing the blankets and pulling them off the sofa where I was laying them.  Luckily I have a super fast camera, and super Mommy reflexes, so I was able to get some great shots with her cute little hands on the blankets right before she ripped them right off the couch and out of my camera view.  I actually love how you can see the scale of the blankets with her hands in the pictures, and it just looks like she is gently playing with them.  It makes it seem like they're so soft, she just can't keep her hands off of them! (Which I think may actually be the case - she LOVES these).




Hi there Baby A!


In this next shoot, I am putting together some images of a bunch of new flower clippies.  In the near future, I'm adding a category to my store called "mix and match", where I will have a bunch of flower clippies, bows, and plain headbands for mixing and matching any headband with any bow or flower.  This way, customers can use the same headband for many different bows and flowers - cutting costs for them and opening a whole new realm of creative possibilities!

For a while, she sat quietly next to me as I took the pics.  But as soon as her snack was done, she was out of that chair, and trying to put all the flowers back into the baskets.  She especially targeted the ones I was trying to get a shot of.  It's funny how with kids things always take at least twice as long as they normally would!  Luckily (most of the time) we Mommas can laugh it off.


 A couple hand shots...



Even though it was annoying, she got a good laugh out of her game, and I eventually got all my shots done.  And they also turned out great!  Here's a little sneak peek of some of them:





No comments:

Post a Comment